Jamestown School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 public schools in Jamestown School District, serving 488 students.
- Public school in Jamestown School District have an average math proficiency score of 59% (versus the Rhode Island public school average of 28%), and reading proficiency score of 59% (versus the 36% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 5% of public schools in Rhode Island.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Asian), which is less than the Rhode Island public school average of 42% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the Rhode Island public school average of 13:1.
|School District Name||Jamestown School District|
|School District Phone Number||(401)423-7020|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (RI)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||317 Schools|
|# of Students||488 Students||141,448 Students|
|# of Teachers||44 Teachers||10,583 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||13:1|
- Jamestown School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 58 school districts in Rhode Island (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (RI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||1,047 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||12 Students||4,687 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||2 Students||35,924 Students|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||5 Students||12,151 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||462 Students||81,512 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||246 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||6 Students||5,881 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||24||2,469|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||51||9,994|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||52||10,267|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||43||10,389|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||43||10,517|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||56||10,936|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||59||11,047|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||57||10,830|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||50||10,768|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||53||10,937|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||11,465|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||11,302|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||10,667|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||9,860|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $25,827 is higher than the state average of $23,224. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $26,798 is higher than the state average of $24,904. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (RI)|
|Total Revenue||$13 MM||$30 MM|
|Spending||$13 MM||$32 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$25,827||$23,224|
|Spending / Student||$26,798||$24,904|
Jamestown School District Public Schools (2020)
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.