Jamestown School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public elementary schools in Jamestown School District, serving 488 students.
- Public elementary schools in Jamestown School District have an average math proficiency score of 59% (versus the Rhode Island public elementary school average of 27%), and reading proficiency score of 59% (versus the 34% statewide average). This district's average elementary school ranking is in the top 10% of public elementary schools in Rhode Island.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Asian), which is less than the Rhode Island public elementary school average of 44% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the Rhode Island public elementary school average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Jamestown School District|
|School District Phone Number||(401) 423-7020|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (RI)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||235 Schools|
|# of Students||488 Students||95,336 Students|
|# of Teachers||44 Teachers||6,877 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
- Jamestown School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 49 school districts in Rhode Island (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (RI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||701 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||12 Students||3,305 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||2 Students||24,814 Students|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||5 Students||8,361 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||462 Students||53,559 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||177 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||6 Students||4,419 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||24||1,703|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||51||9,635|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||52||10,267|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||43||10,389|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||43||10,517|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||56||10,936|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||59||11,047|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||57||10,830|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||50||9,641|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||53||9,675|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||197|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||178|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||165|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||156|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $25,827 is higher than the state average of $23,224. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $26,798 is higher than the state average of $24,904. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (RI)|
|Total Revenue||$13 MM||$30 MM|
|Spending||$13 MM||$32 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$25,827||$23,224|
|Spending / Student||$26,798||$24,904|
Jamestown School District Public Elementary Schools (2020-21)
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.