Jamestown School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public preschool in Jamestown School District, serving 269 students.
- Public preschool in Jamestown School District have an average math proficiency score of 62% (versus the Rhode Island public pre school average of 31%), and reading proficiency score of 72% (versus the 41% statewide average). This district's average pre school ranking is in the top 5% of public pre schools in Rhode Island.
- Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Asian), which is less than the Rhode Island public preschool average of 38% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the Rhode Island public preschool average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Jamestown School District|
|School District Phone Number||(401) 423-7020|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (RI)|
|# of Schools||1 School||56 Schools|
|# of Students||269 Students||17,683 Students|
|# of Teachers||22 Teachers||1,264 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
- Jamestown School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 27 school districts in Rhode Island (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (RI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||111 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||9 Students||629 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||2 Students||3,881 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||4 Students||1,278 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||250 Students||10,951 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||34 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3 Students||799 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||24||2,469|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||51||3,043|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||52||2,806|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||43||2,567|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||43||2,358|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||56||2,274|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||1,695|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||115|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||89|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||98|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||42|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||38|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||44|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||45|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $25,827 is higher than the state average of $23,224. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $26,798 is higher than the state average of $24,904. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (RI)|
|Total Revenue||$13 MM||$30 MM|
|Spending||$13 MM||$32 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$25,827||$23,224|
|Spending / Student||$26,798||$24,904|
Jamestown School District Public Preschools (2020-21)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Jamestown School-melrose 76 Melrose Avenue
Jamestown, RI 02835
Grades: PK-4 | 269 students
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.