Sandown Central School
Sandown Central School places among the top 20% of public schools in New Hampshire for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Sandown Central School's student population of 125 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has declined by 46% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sandown Central School is ranked within the top 20% of all 441 schools in New Hampshire (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NH)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Timberlane Regional School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sandown Sandown North Elementary School Grades: 1-5 | 350 students
23 Stagecoach Rd.
Sandown, NH 03873
(603)887-8505 2.4 1-5 350
- Danville Danville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 280 students
23 School St.
Danville, NH 03819
(603)382-5554 3.1 PK-5 280
- Hampstead Hampstead Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 458 students
28 School St.
Hampstead, NH 03841
(603)329-6743 3.1 5-8 458
- Hampstead Hampstead Central School Grades: PK-4 | 429 students
21 Emerson Ave.
Hampstead, NH 03841
(603)329-6326 3.4 PK-4 429
- Derry East Derry Memorial Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 424 students
18 Dubeau Dr.
Derry, NH 03038
(603)432-1260 3.9 K-5 424
Not just kids need schooling. Learn about the Parent Academy offered through Miami-Dade County Public Schools, where parents go back to school.
Across the country, parents are opting their children out of Common Core testing, with New York City seeing some of the biggest opt-out numbers. How is this massive school district handling the situation?
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.