Smith Elementary School
- Smith Elementary School's student population of 494 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||494 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Smith Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 7,953 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#5567 out of 7953 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mesquite Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mesquite Rutherford Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 474 students
1607 Sierra Dr
Mesquite, TX 75149
(972)290-4060 0.5 PK-5 474
- Mesquite Education Center International Academy 3 Grades: K-8 | 117 students
201 N Erby Campbell Blvd
Mesquite, TX 75185
(972)636-2600 0.6 K-8 117
- Mesquite Pirrung Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 434 students
1500 Creek Vly
Mesquite, TX 75181
(972)882-7170 0.9 PK-5 434
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.