South Crawford Elementary School
South Crawford Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- South Crawford Elementary School's student population of 174 students has declined by 23% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2009)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||174 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Crawford Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,762 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1313 out of 1762 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Crawford County Community School Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Marengo Crawford County High School Grades: 9-12 | 450 students
1130 S Sr 66
Marengo, IN 47140
(812) 365-2125 10.4 9-12 450
- Milltown East Crawford Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 289 students
518 Speed Rd
Milltown, IN 47145
(812) 633-4335 10.5 PK-5 289
- Central Heth-washington Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 176 students
2450 Heth-washington Rd Sw
Central, IN 47110
(812) 732-4766 11.2 PK-6 176
- Corydon Corydon Intermediate School Grades: 4-6 | 450 students
100 High School Rd
Corydon, IN 47112
(812) 738-6548 11.6 4-6 450
- Corydon Harrison County Spec Ed Coop Grades: PK-12
121 High School Rd
Corydon, IN 47112
(812) 738-2094 11.6 PK-12 n/a
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.