Southland Elementary School
Southland Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Southland Elementary School's student population of 157 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has declined by 31% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||157 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Southland Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MO)|
|Overall School Rank||#1634 out of 2,073 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Southland C-9 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cardwell Southland High School Grades: 7-12 | 111 students
500 S Main
Cardwell, MO 63829
(573)654-3531 0.0 7-12 111
- Lake City Buffalo Is. Central East Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 186 students
1100 Nelson St
Lake City, AR 72437
(870)539-6448 8.3 PK-6 186
- Leachville Buffalo Is. Central Junior High School Grades: 7-9 | 168 students
1 Mustang Dr
Leachville, AR 72438
(870)539-6883 8.4 7-9 168
- Senath Senath-hornersville Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 312 students
802 S State
Senath, MO 63876
(573)738-2515 9.3 PK-4 312
- Senath Senath-hornersville High School Grades: 9-12 | 220 students
800 S State
Senath, MO 63876
(573)738-2661 9.4 9-12 220
Learn about the education reform that is currently making its way through the Louisiana state legislature and the teacher protests that have arisen as a result.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.