Swallow/union School places among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Swallow/union School's student population of 290 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has grown by 33% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||290 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Swallow/union School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,666 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#223 out of 1666 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Groton-Dunstable School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tyngsboro Tyngsborough Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 729 students
205 Westford Road
Tyngsboro, MA 01879
(978) 649-1990 2.7 PK-5 729
- Nashua Bicentennial Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 617 students
296 E. Dunstable Rd.
Nashua, NH 03062
(603) 594-4382 2.8 PK-5 617
- Groton Groton Dunstable Regional Grades: 9-12 | 786 students
703 Chicoppe Row
Groton, MA 01450
(978) 448-6362 3.3 9-12 786
- Westford Rita E. Miller Elementary School Grades: K-2 | 326 students
1 Mitchell Way
Westford, MA 01886
(978) 392-4476 3.4 K-2 326
- Nashua Main Dunstable School Grades: K-5 | 470 students
20 Whitford Rd.
Nashua, NH 03062
(603) 594-4400 3.6 K-5 470
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.