Swampscott High School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 700 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 22%
- Graduation Rate: ≥95% (Top 20% in MA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20%
- Math Proficiency: 70-74% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 65-69% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MA Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Swampscott High School's ranking?
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
70-74% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 51% MA state average), while 65-69% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 54% MA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Swampscott High School?
The graduation rate of Swampscott High School is 95%, which is higher than the Massachusetts state average of 88%.
How many students attend Swampscott High School?
700 students attend Swampscott High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
78% of Swampscott High School students are White, 12% of students are Hispanic, 6% of students are Black, 2% of students are Asian, and 2% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Swampscott High School?
Swampscott High School has a student ration of 12:1, which is equal to the Massachusetts state average of 12:1.
What grades does Swampscott High School offer ?
Swampscott High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Swampscott High School part of?
Swampscott High School is part of Swampscott School District.
Review Swampscott High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities