Taunton Alternative High School
Taunton Alternative High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Taunton Alternative High School's student population of 95 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 10-12|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Taunton Alternative High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,666 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1025 out of 1666 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Taunton School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Westborough Southeast Area
167-169 Lyman Street, C/o Hadl
Westborough, MA 01581
(781) 338-3305 0.3 n/a n/a
- Taunton H H Galligan Grades: K-4 | 240 students
15 Sheridan Street
Taunton, MA 02780
(508) 821-1295 0.6 K-4 240
- Taunton Mulcahey Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 487 students
28 Clifford Street
Taunton, MA 02780
(508) 821-1255 0.8 K-4 487
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.