The International School At Thornton Middle School
The International School At Thornton Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- The International School At Thornton Middle School's student population of 923 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 58 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||923 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The International School At Thornton Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall School Rank||#1573 out of 1,704 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Adams 12 Five Star s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver Achieve Academy Grades: PK-8 | 564 students
9100 Poze Blvd
Denver, CO 80229
(303)853-1300 0.9 PK-8 564
- Denver Explore Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 419 students
2410 Poze Blvd
Denver, CO 80229
(303)853-1300 0.9 PK-6 419
- Denver North Mor Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 466 students
9580 Damon Drive
Denver, CO 80221
(720)972-5540 0.9 PK-5 466
Nearby Homes for Sale
Not just kids need schooling. Learn about the Parent Academy offered through Miami-Dade County Public Schools, where parents go back to school.
Across the country, parents are opting their children out of Common Core testing, with New York City seeing some of the biggest opt-out numbers. How is this massive school district handling the situation?
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.