Toquam Magnet School
Toquam Magnet School places among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Toquam Magnet School's student population of 648 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 51 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||648 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Toquam Magnet School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 951 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#616 out of 951 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Stamford School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stamford Dolan School Grades: 6-8 | 532 students
51 Toms Rd.
Stamford, CT 06906
(203) 977-4441 0.2 6-8 532
- Darien Holmes Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 470 students
18 Hoyt St.
Darien, CT 06820
(203) 353-4371 0.6 K-5 470
- Stamford Julia A. Stark School Grades: K-5 | 603 students
398 Glenbrook Rd.
Stamford, CT 06906
(203) 977-4583 1.1 K-5 603
- Stamford Newfield School Grades: K-5 | 570 students
345 Pepper Ridge Rd.
Stamford, CT 06905
(203) 977-4282 1.1 K-5 570
- Stamford Springdale School Grades: K-5 | 614 students
1127 Hope St.
Stamford, CT 06907
(203) 977-4575 1.1 K-5 614
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?