Tunbridge Central School
- Tunbridge Central School's student population of 133 students has grown by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||133 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tunbridge Central School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 290 schools in Vermont (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VT)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#203 out of 290 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||35-39%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tunbridge School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Tunbridge Central School is Chelsea Elementary High School (5.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chelsea Chelsea Elementary High School Grades: PK-12 | 187 students
6 School Street
Chelsea, VT 05038
(802) 685-4551 5.1 PK-12 187
- South Royalton South Royalton Elementary/high School Grades: PK-12 | 371 students
223 South Winsor Street
South Royalton, VT 05068
(802) 763-8844 7.1 PK-12 371
- South Strafford Newton Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 110 students
243 Vt Route 132
South Strafford, VT 05070
(802) 765-4351 7.8 PK-8 110
- Sharon Sharon Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 153 students
75 Vt Route 132
Sharon, VT 05065
(802) 763-7425 9.2 PK-6 153
- Randolph Randolph Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 317 students
40 Ayers Brook Road
Randolph, VT 05060
(802) 728-9555 9.3 PK-6 317
The recent Atlanta cheating scandal has been rocked with another scandal: the ensuing cover-up. Learn more about the second chapter of the standardized test cheating controversy that has this Southern state shaking its head.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about the Montessori Method, the growing number of Montessori charter schools, and why parents are considering this individualized approach to education.