Union Elementary School
- Union Elementary School's student population of 68 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||68 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Union Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank||#392 out of 968 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||13:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Union School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Staffordville Staffordville School Grades: PK-1 | 161 students
21 Lyons Rd.
Staffordville, CT 06077
(860)684-3298 5.1 PK-1 161
- Holland Holland Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 237 students
28 Sturbridge Road
Holland, MA 01521
(413)245-9644 5.4 PK-6 237
- Ashford Ashford School Grades: PK-8 | 406 students
440 Westford Rd.
Ashford, CT 06278
(860)429-6419 6.7 PK-8 406
- Eastford Eastford Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 143 students
12 Westford Rd.
Eastford, CT 06242
(860)974-1130 7.2 PK-8 143
- Stafford Springs Stafford Elementary School Grades: 2-5 | 480 students
11 Levinthal Run
Stafford Springs, CT 06076
(860)684-6677 7.4 2-5 480
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.