Center School places among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Center School's student population of 236 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||236 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Center School is ranked within the top 50% of all 951 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#395 out of 951 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Willington School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Willington Hall Memorial School Grades: 5-8 | 202 students
111 River Rd.
Willington, CT 06279
(860) 429-9391 2.6 5-8 202
- Tolland Birch Grove Primary School Grades: PK-2 | 468 students
247 Rhodes Rd
Tolland, CT 06084
(860) 870-6750 3.8 PK-2 468
- Storrs Mansfield Dorothy C. Goodwin School Grades: PK-4 | 176 students
321 Hunting Lodge Rd.
Storrs Mansfield, CT 06268
(860) 429-4630 3.9 PK-4 176
- Tolland Tolland High School Grades: 9-12 | 827 students
1 Eagle Hill
Tolland, CT 06084
(860) 870-6818 4.4 9-12 827
- Ashford Ashford School Grades: PK-8 | 394 students
440 Westford Rd.
Ashford, CT 06278
(860) 429-6419 4.9 PK-8 394
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.