Wakelee School serves 362 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Wakelee School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Connecticut for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 70-74% (which is higher than the Connecticut state average of 48%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 65-69% (which is higher than the Connecticut state average of 58%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the Connecticut state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is lower than the Connecticut state average of 50% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Students: 362 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 12%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CT
- Math Proficiency: 70-74% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 65-69% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CT Dept. of Education
Wakelee School's student population of 362 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 29 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Wakelee School is ranked within the top 30% of all 957 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Wakelee School is 0.22, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.66. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (CT)
Overall Testing Rank
#246 out of 957 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CT Dept. of Education
Review Wakelee School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.