Washington Montessori places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Washington Montessori's student population of 258 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||258 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Washington Montessori's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#927 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kenner John Clancy/joseph Maggiore Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 587 students
2100 Maine Street
Kenner, LA 70062
(504)469-3664 1.4 PK-5 587
- Metairie Green Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 448 students
1409 North Upland Street
Metairie, LA 70003
(504)466-0205 1.5 PK-5 448
- Westwego Live Oak Manor Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 229 students
220 Acadia Drive
Westwego, LA 70094
(504)431-7924 1.6 PK-5 229
- Kenner Kenner Discovery Health Sciences Academy Grades: PK-9 | 1046 students
2504 Maine Avenue
Kenner, LA 70062
(504)233-4720 1.8 PK-9 1046
- Kenner G.t. Woods Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 283 students
1037 31st Street
Kenner, LA 70065
(504)466-6252 2.4 PK-5 283
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.