Washington Primary School
Washington Primary School serves 147 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Washington Primary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Connecticut for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 80-89% (which is higher than the Connecticut state average of 48%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 80-89% (which is higher than the Connecticut state average of 58%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is lower than the Connecticut state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Connecticut state average of 46% (majority Hispanic).
Washington Primary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Washington Primary School's student population of 147 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
The teacher population of 16 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Washington Primary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 957 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Washington Primary School is 0.31, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (CT)
Overall Testing Rank
#40 out of 957 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (08-09)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, CT Dept. of Education
Review Washington Primary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
High School Graduation Project Requirements
Learn how some states and schools are now requiring that students complete a graduation project, often either to replace or supplement an exit exam.
Common Behavioral Issues in School-Age Children and How Alternative Schools Can Help
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
Signs of Sex Abuse at School: What Parents Should Know
Nearly 10% of students will encounter sexual misconduct at school. Make sure you know how to protect your child and recognize the signs of potential sex abuse.