Werner Elementary School
- Werner Elementary School's student population of 489 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2008)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||489 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Werner Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall School Rank||#52 out of 1,704 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Poudre R-1 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Collins Mcgraw Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 469 students
4800 Hinsdale Drive
Fort Collins, CO 80526
(970)488-8335 1.2 PK-5 469
- Fort Collins T.r. Paul Academy Of Arts & Knowledge Grades: K-5 | 211 students
Fort Collins, CO 80525
(970)226-2800 1.4 K-5 211
- Fort Collins Colorado Early College Fort Collins Grades: 6-12 | 914 students
4424 Innovation Dr
Fort Collins, CO 80525
(970)377-0044 1.5 6-12 914
- Fort Collins Bacon Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 568 students
5844 South Timberline Road
Fort Collins, CO 80528
(970)488-5300 1.6 PK-5 568
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.