West Tisbury Elementary School
- West Tisbury Elementary School's student population of 352 students has grown by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||352 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- West Tisbury Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,666 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#582 out of 1666 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Up-Island Regional School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to West Tisbury Elementary School is Martha's Vineyard Charter School (0.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Tisbury Martha's Vineyard Charter School Grades: K-12 | 184 students
424 State Road
West Tisbury, MA 02575
(508) 693-9900 0.6 K-12 184
- Oak Bluffs Martha's Vineyard Regional High School Grades: 9-12 | 634 students
100 Edgartown-vineyard Haven R
Oak Bluffs, MA 02557
(508) 693-1033 3.6 9-12 634
- Vineyard Haven Tisbury Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 306 students
40 West William Street
Vineyard Haven, MA 02568
(508) 696-6500 4.3 PK-8 306
- Oak Bluffs Oak Bluffs Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 426 students
50 Tradewinds Road
Oak Bluffs, MA 02557
(508) 693-0951 5.7 PK-8 426
- Chilmark Chilmark Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 52 students
8 State Road
Chilmark, MA 02535
(508) 645-2562 6.0 K-5 52
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.