Bissonet Plaza Elementary School
- Bissonet Plaza Elementary School's student population of 633 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||633 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bissonet Plaza Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#521 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kenner Bonnabel Magnet Academy High School Grades: 9-12 | 1289 students
2801 Bruin Drive
Kenner, LA 70065
(504)443-4565 0.7 9-12 1289
- Metairie Harold Keller Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 490 students
5301 Irving Street
Metairie, LA 70003
(504)887-3836 1.0 PK-5 490
- Kenner Kenner Discovery Health Sciences Academy Grades: PK-9 | 1046 students
2504 Maine Avenue
Kenner, LA 70062
(504)233-4720 1.1 PK-9 1046
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.