Claymont Elementary School
- Claymont Elementary School's student population of 827 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 57 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||827 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Claymont Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DE)|
|Overall School Rank||#47 out of 200 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Brandywine School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Castle Reach Academy For Girls Grades: K-8
170 Lukens Drive
New Castle, DE 19720
(302)654-3720 0.3 K-8 n/a
- Claymont Maple Lane Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 436 students
100 Maple Lane
Claymont, DE 19703
(302)792-3906 0.8 K-6 436
- Wilmington Forwood Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 369 students
1900 Westminster Drive
Wilmington, DE 19810
(302)475-3956 2.1 K-5 369
I am a sustitute teacher and Claymont is.one of my top choices.
- Posted by Teacher - Faulkner
Teachers are extremely biased. They will automatically blame boys for something. They also ignore the constant swearing and violence in the hallways. They grab kids by shirts and even swear. One employee said "2 divided by 1 in one half." This is what they're teaching us?! Overall, not a great school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - matts
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.