Coleman Middle School
Coleman Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Coleman Middle School's student population of 490 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 42 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||490 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Coleman Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,265 schools in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1238 out of 1265 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wichita School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wichita Price-harris Communications Magnet Grades: PK-5 | 415 students
706 N Armour Dr
Wichita, KS 67206
(316) 973-1650 0.9 PK-5 415
- Wichita Adams Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 493 students
1002 N Oliver
Wichita, KS 67208
(316) 973-2650 1.7 PK-5 493
- Wichita Gammon Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 469 students
3240 N Rushwood
Wichita, KS 67226
(316) 973-4900 1.9 PK-5 469
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?