Covington Adult High School
- Covington Adult High School's student population of 36 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has grown by 20% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Covington Adult High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,193 schools in Kentucky (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2010-11 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has decreased from 7:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KY)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Covington Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Latonia Latonia Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 387 students
39th & Huntington Avenue
Latonia, KY 41015
(859)292-5825 0.4 K-5 387
- Latonia Ninth District Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 428 students
2800 Indiana Ave
Latonia, KY 41015
(859)292-5823 0.4 K-5 428
- Covington Chapman Vocational Education Center
25th And Madison Streets
Covington, KY 41014
(859)291-5911 1.0 n/a n/a
- Covington Ft Wright Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 435 students
501 Farrell Dr
Covington, KY 41011
(859)331-7742 1.2 K-5 435
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.