Capital School District
- For the 2021 school year, there are 2 public middle schools in Capital School District, serving 1,035 students. Public middle schools in Capital School District have an average math proficiency score of 29% (versus the Delaware public middle school average of 39%), and reading proficiency score of 46% (versus the 53% statewide average). This district's average middle testing ranking is 4/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public middle schools in Delaware.
- Minority enrollment is 76% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Delaware public middle school average of 55% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is equal to the Delaware public middle school average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Capital School District|
|School District Website||http://www.capital.k12.de.us|
|School District Phone Number||(302) 672-1500|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (DE)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||75 Schools|
|# of Students||1,035 Students||52,016 Students|
|# of Teachers||76 Teachers||3,594 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
- Capital School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 31 school districts in Delaware (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 84% has increased from 76% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (DE)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#26 out of 43 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||14 Students||222 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||34 Students||2,012 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||111 Students||8,720 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||578 Students||15,671 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||253 Students||23,625 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||6 Students||62 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||39 Students||1,704 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||290|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||1,150|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||1,133|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||1,148|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||1,190|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||1,140|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||1,530|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||3||9,481|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||462||10,346|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||496||10,206|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||35||4,109|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||14||3,692|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||13||3,351|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||12||3,250|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $17,772 is higher than the state median of $12,469. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $16,397 is higher than the state median of $11,256. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (DE)|
|Total Revenue||$112 MM||$15 MM|
|Spending||$103 MM||$13 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$17,772||$12,469|
|Revenue / Student||$16,397||$11,256|
Capital School District Public Middle Schools (2021)
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.
Going once, going twice: sold to the highest public school bidder! Learn about the growing trend to hold auctions at public schools - and the positive and negative consequences.