Grace King High School
- Grace King High School's student population of 1,390 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 66 teachers has declined by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,390 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Grace King High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,278 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#948 out of 1278 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Metairie J.d. Meisler Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 811 students
3700 Cleary Avenue
Metairie, LA 70002
(504)888-5832 0.4 6-8 811
- Gretna Jcfa-east Grades: 8-12 | 277 students
475 Manhattan Blvd
Gretna, LA 70054
(504)410-3121 0.7 8-12 277
- Metairie Alice Birney Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 671 students
4829 Hastings Street
Metairie, LA 70006
(504)885-1054 1.6 PK-5 671
- Metairie Phoebe Hearst School Grades: PK-5 | 617 students
5208 Wabash Street
Metairie, LA 70001
(504)887-8814 2.0 PK-5 617
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.