Great Oak School
- Great Oak School's student population of 496 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||496 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Great Oak School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank||#456 out of 968 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Oxford School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oxford Oxford High School Grades: 9-12 | 599 students
61 Quaker Farms Rd.
Oxford, CT 06478
(203)888-2468 2.7 9-12 599
- Beacon Falls Woodland Regional High School Grades: 9-12 | 680 students
135 Back Rimmon Rd.
Beacon Falls, CT 06403
(203)881-5551 3.1 9-12 680
- Seymour Seymour High School Grades: 9-12 | 654 students
2 Botsford Rd.
Seymour, CT 06483
(203)888-2561 3.7 9-12 654
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.