Hanscom Middle School
Hanscom Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Hanscom Middle School's student population of 271 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-8|
|Total Students||271 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hanscom Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,666 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1107 out of 1666 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lincoln School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hanscom Afb Hanscom Primary Grades: PK-3 | 332 students
6 Ent Road
Hanscom Afb, MA 01731
(781) 274-7721 0.1 PK-3 332
- Lexington Maria Hastings Grades: K-5 | 466 students
7 Crosby Road
Lexington, MA 02421
(781) 860-5800 1.5 K-5 466
- Lexington Bridge Grades: K-5 | 572 students
55 Middleby Rd
Lexington, MA 02421
(781) 861-2510 2.2 K-5 572
- Bedford John Glenn Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 583 students
99 Mcmahon Road
Bedford, MA 01730
(781) 275-3201 2.2 6-8 583
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.