Haywood Elementary School
- Haywood Elementary School's student population of 627 students has declined by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 47 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-3|
|Total Students||627 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Haywood Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TN)|
|Overall School Rank||#7 out of 573 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Haywood County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brownsville Anderson Early Childhood Grades: PK-K | 393 students
620 West Main
Brownsville, TN 38012
(731)772-9053 0.3 PK-K 393
- Gates Haywood Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 647 students
Gates, TN 38037
(731)772-3265 0.5 6-8 647
- Brownsville East Side Elementary School Grades: 4-5 | 443 students
1315 East Jefferson
Brownsville, TN 38012
(731)772-1233 1.7 4-5 443
- Bells Bells Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 407 students
4532 Highway 88 South
Bells, TN 38006
(731)663-2161 13.2 PK-5 407
After massive budget cuts and claims of economic inequity within the state’s public school system, districts are taking matters in their own hands and suing the state for the mess.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.