Hiawatha Senior High School
- Hiawatha Senior High School's student population of 251 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has declined by 17% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||251 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hiawatha Senior High School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall School Rank||#838 out of 1,268 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hiawatha School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hiawatha Hiawatha Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 408 students
Hiawatha, KS 66434
(785)742-7181 0.7 PK-4 408
- Powhattan Kickapoo Nation School Grades: K-12 | 64 students
Po Box 106
Powhattan, KS 66527
(785)474-3365 8.7 K-12 64
- Horton Horton Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 248 students
300 E 16th
Horton, KS 66439
(785)486-2616 12.6 PK-4 248
- Everest Everest Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 173 students
221 South 7th
Everest, KS 66424
(785)548-7536 13.0 5-8 173
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.