High School At Syracuse
High School At Syracuse serves 216 students in grades 9-12.
High School At Syracuse placed in the top 20% of all schools in Nebraska for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 70-79% (which is higher than the Nebraska state average of 52%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-69% (which is higher than the Nebraska state average of 52%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the Nebraska state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Nebraska state average of 34% (majority Hispanic).
High School At Syracuse's student population of 216 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
High School At Syracuse is ranked within the top 20% of all 904 schools in Nebraska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of High School At Syracuse is 0.11, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.52. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (NE)
Overall Testing Rank
#122 out of 904 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, NE Dept. of Education
Review High School At Syracuse. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Common Behavioral Issues in School-Age Children and How Alternative Schools Can Help
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
Signs of Sex Abuse at School: What Parents Should Know
Nearly 10% of students will encounter sexual misconduct at school. Make sure you know how to protect your child and recognize the signs of potential sex abuse.
Denver Public Schools Buck Trend, Plug School-to-Prison Pipeline
In a district where progressive discipline policies are already the norm, Denver Public Schools seek to limit student exposure to the criminal justice system, rather than criminalize student behavior.