John F. Kennedy High School
- John F. Kennedy High School's student population of 1,720 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 111 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,720 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||111 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- John F. Kennedy High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#630 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Montgomery County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Silver Spring Glenallan Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 717 students
12520 Heurich Rd
Silver Spring, MD 20902
(301) 929-2014 0.3 PK-5 717
- Silver Spring Arcola Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 686 students
1820 Franwall Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20902
(301) 287-8585 1.3 PK-5 686
- Silver Spring Westover Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 278 students
401 Hawkesbury Ln
Silver Spring, MD 20904
(301) 989-5676 1.3 PK-5 278
- Silver Spring Bel Pre Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 589 students
13801 Rippling Brook Drive
Silver Spring, MD 20906
(301) 460-2145 1.5 PK-2 589
Kennedy High School. Is a pretty good school. They are now an IB high school and have continued to be an academy school and include many different progams such as LTI(leadership training institute), Media Com(media), and Tri- Med(medicine). The new principal is superb and the children are overall decent.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - nimat
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.