Joseph P Manning
- Joseph P Manning's student population of 158 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||158 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Joseph P Manning's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1330 out of 1,671 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Boston School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Joseph P Manning is Boston Green Academy Horace Mann Charter School (0.8 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Boston Green Academy Horace Mann Charter School (0.8 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Boston Green Academy Horace Mann Charter School (0.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brighton Boston Green Academy Horace Mann Charter School Grades: 6-12 | 476 students
20 Warren St.
Brighton, MA 02135
(617)635-9860 0.8 6-12 476
- Jamaica Plain Margarita Muniz Academy Grades: 9-12 | 284 students
20 Child Street
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
(617)470-6907 0.8 9-12 284
- Dorchester Bridge Boston Charter School Grades: PK-5 | 267 students
2 Mclellan Street
Dorchester, MA 02121
(857)229-1601 0.9 PK-5 267
- South Boston Up Academy Charter School Of Boston Grades: 6-8 | 472 students
215 Dorchester Street
South Boston, MA 02127
(617)635-8819 0.9 6-8 472
- Jamaica Plain Boston Teachers Union School Grades: PK-8 | 296 students
25 Walk Hill Street
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
(617)635-7717 1.1 PK-8 296
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.