Joseph P Manning
Joseph P Manning places among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Joseph P Manning's student population of 152 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has declined by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||152 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Joseph P Manning is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,666 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#524 out of 1666 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Boston School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Joseph P Manning is Boston Green Academy Horace Mann Charter School (0.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brighton Boston Green Academy Horace Mann Charter School Grades: 6-12 | 471 students
20 Warren St.
Brighton, MA 02135
(617) 635-9860 0.8 6-12 471
- Jamaica Plain Margarita Muniz Academy Grades: 9-12 | 298 students
20 Child Street
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
(617) 470-6907 0.8 9-12 298
- Roxbury Bridge Boston Charter School Grades: PK-6 | 308 students
435 Warren St.
Roxbury, MA 02119
(857) 229-1601 0.9 PK-6 308
- South Boston Up Academy Charter School Of Boston Grades: 6-8 | 502 students
215 Dorchester Street
South Boston, MA 02127
(617) 635-8819 0.9 6-8 502
- Jamaica Plain Boston Teachers Union School Grades: PK-8 | 287 students
25 Walk Hill Street
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
(617) 635-7717 1.1 PK-8 287
Gang activity continues to be prevalent throughout public schools, ranging from urban cities to suburban enclaves. Learn about how public schools are combating gang violence today with comprehensive initiatives.
With the end of the “No Child Left Behind” program looming, it appears that almost 80% of our country’s schools will get a failing grade, according to federal standards. Could waivers help repair the broken NCLB program?
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.