Lura A. White Elementary School
- Lura A. White Elementary School's student population of 400 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has grown by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||400 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lura A. White Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,666 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1143 out of 1666 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Ayer Shirley School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shirley Ayer Shirley Regional Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 370 students
1 Hospital Road
Shirley, MA 01464
(978) 772-8600 1.0 6-8 370
- Devens Francis W. Parker Charter Essential School Grades: 7-12 | 396 students
49 Antietam St
Devens, MA 01434
(978) 772-3293 2.7 7-12 396
- Leominster Sky View Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 895 students
500 Kennedy Way
Leominster, MA 01453
(978) 534-7780 3.0 6-8 895
- Leominster Johnny Appleseed Grades: K-5 | 651 students
845 Main Street
Leominster, MA 01453
(978) 534-7765 4.3 K-5 651
- Ayer Page Hilltop Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 527 students
115 Washington Street
Ayer, MA 01432
(978) 772-8600 4.4 PK-5 527
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.