Salem School District
- For the 2021 school year, there is 1 public preschool in Salem School District, serving 93 students. public preschool in Salem School District have a diversity score of 0.65, which is equal to the Massachusetts public preschool average of 0.65.
- Minority enrollment is 47% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Massachusetts public preschool average of 48% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is equal to the Massachusetts public preschool average of 13:1.
|School District Name||Salem School District|
|School District Website||http://salemk12.org|
|School District Phone Number||(978) 740-1212|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MA)|
|# of Schools||1 School||513 Schools|
|# of Students||93 Students||195,337 Students|
|# of Teachers||7 Teachers||14,597 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||13:1|
- The school district's graduation rate of 82% has decreased from 86% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#343 out of 403 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||450 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 Students||11,985 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||21 Students||51,002 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||13 Students||22,147 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||49 Students||101,207 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||150 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||7 Students||8,389 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||93||29,163|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||31,729|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||28,874|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||26,381|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||23,740|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||21,827|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||18,090|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||7,618|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||3,654|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||3,708|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||182|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||132|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||127|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||111|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||1|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $26,570 is higher than the state median of $20,340. The school district revenue/student has grown by 9% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $24,984 is higher than the state median of $18,839. The school district spending/student has grown by 9% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (MA)|
|Total Revenue||$98 MM||$28 MM|
|Spending||$92 MM||$26 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$26,570||$20,340|
|Revenue / Student||$24,984||$18,839|
Salem School District Public Preschools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Salem Early Childhood25 Memorial Drive
Salem, MA 01970
Grades: PK | 93 students
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.