Horace Mann Laboratory
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 270 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 63%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MA
- Math Proficiency: 15-19% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 35-39% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MA Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
15-19% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 37% MA state average), while 35-39% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% MA state average).
How many students attend Horace Mann Laboratory?
270 students attend Horace Mann Laboratory.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
48% of Horace Mann Laboratory students are Hispanic, 37% of students are White, 7% of students are Black, 4% of students are Asian, and 4% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Horace Mann Laboratory?
Horace Mann Laboratory has a student ration of 13:1, which is higher than the Massachusetts state average of 12:1.
What grades does Horace Mann Laboratory offer ?
Horace Mann Laboratory offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Horace Mann Laboratory part of?
Horace Mann Laboratory is part of Salem School District.
Review Horace Mann Laboratory. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities