- Mather's student population of 608 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||608 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mather is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,666 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1448 out of 1666 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Boston School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dorchester Center Dr. William Henderson Upper Grades: 2-12 | 606 students
18 Croftland Av
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
(617) 635-6365 0.5 2-12 606
- Dorchester Helen Y. Davis Leadership Academy Charter Public School Grades: 6-8 | 214 students
23 Leonard Street
Dorchester, MA 02122
(617) 474-7950 0.5 6-8 214
- Dorchester King K-8 Grades: PK-8 | 487 students
77 Lawrence Avenue
Dorchester, MA 02121
(617) 635-8212 0.7 PK-8 487
- Dorchester Lilla G. Frederick Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 494 students
270 Columbia Road
Dorchester, MA 02121
(617) 635-1650 0.7 6-8 494
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.