Mount Pleasant High School
Mount Pleasant High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Delaware for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Mount Pleasant High School's student population of 1,108 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 76 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,108 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||76 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mount Pleasant High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 200 schools in Delaware (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DE)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Brandywine School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wilmington Mount Pleasant Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 759 students
500 Duncan Road
Wilmington, DE 19809
(302)762-7120 0.5 K-5 759
- Wilmington Carrcroft Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 518 students
503 Crest Road
Wilmington, DE 19803
(302)762-7165 1.1 K-5 518
- Wilmington Harlan (david W. ) Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 353 students
3601 Jefferson Street
Wilmington, DE 19802
(302)762-7156 1.4 K-5 353
- Wilmington Dupont (pierre S.) Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 902 students
701 West 34th Street
Wilmington, DE 19802
(302)762-7146 1.6 6-8 902
Mt. Pleasant is one of the best schools that my child has been in , they are very resourceful , caring, and the staff enjoy going to work , my child and i speak very highly of Mt.Pleasant. This school will be recommended to other people that lives in the area. Mt.Pleasant we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all of yalls hard work that was put in to helping my child.
- Posted by Parent - swshe
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.