Mount Pleasant High School
Mount Pleasant High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Delaware for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Mount Pleasant High School's student population of 1,024 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 73 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,024 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||73 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mount Pleasant High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 209 schools in Delaware (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DE)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#57 out of 209 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Brandywine School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wilmington Mount Pleasant Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 721 students
500 Duncan Road
Wilmington, DE 19809
(302)762-7120 0.5 K-5 721
- Wilmington Carrcroft Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 510 students
503 Crest Road
Wilmington, DE 19803
(302)762-7165 1.1 K-5 510
- Wilmington Harlan (david W. ) Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 341 students
3601 Jefferson Street
Wilmington, DE 19802
(302)762-7156 1.4 K-5 341
- Wilmington Dupont (pierre S.) Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 899 students
701 West 34th Street
Wilmington, DE 19802
(302)762-7146 1.6 6-8 899
Mt. Pleasant is one of the best schools that my child has been in , they are very resourceful , caring, and the staff enjoy going to work , my child and i speak very highly of Mt.Pleasant. This school will be recommended to other people that lives in the area. Mt.Pleasant we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all of yalls hard work that was put in to helping my child.
- Posted by Parent - swshe
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
A new bill in the Arizona State Senate could criminalize teachers who use inappropriate language in the classroom. We’ll take a look at both sides of the debate.