Mt. Spurr Elementary School
- Mt. Spurr Elementary School's student population of 319 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||319 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mt. Spurr Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Anchorage School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jber Orion Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 334 students
5112 Arctic Warrior Dr
Jber, AK 99506
(907)742-0250 0.2 PK-6 334
- Anchorage Mountain View Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 346 students
4005 Mcphee Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99508
(907)742-3900 0.7 PK-6 346
- Anchorage Crossroads School Grades: 7-12 | 25 students
3350 Commercial Dr # 101
Anchorage, AK 99501
(907)742-2424 1.1 7-12 25
- Anchorage Clark Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 965 students
150 South Bragaw Street
Anchorage, AK 99508
(907)742-4700 1.2 6-8 965
A NYC public school is now completely vegetarian! How have students reacted, and will other public schools follow suit?
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.