Newbury Elementary School
- Newbury Elementary School's student population of 145 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||145 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Newbury Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 290 schools in Vermont (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VT)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#276 out of 290 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||20-24%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||n/a|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Newbury School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- North Haverhill Haverhill Cooperative Middle School Grades: 4-8 | 245 students
175 Morrill Dr.
North Haverhill, NH 03774
(603) 787-2100 3.0 4-8 245
- Woodsville Woodsville High School Grades: 9-12 | 201 students
9 High St.
Woodsville, NH 03785
(603) 747-2781 4.7 9-12 201
- Woodsville Woodsville Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 250 students
206 Central St.
Woodsville, NH 03785
(603) 747-3363 4.8 PK-3 250
- Wells River Blue Mountain Usd #21 Grades: PK-12 | 419 students
2420 Route 302
Wells River, VT 05081
(802) 757-2711 5.4 PK-12 419
- Bradford Oxbow Uhsd #30 Grades: 7-12 | 325 students
36 Oxbow Drive
Bradford, VT 05033
(802) 222-5214 5.7 7-12 325
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.