North Street School
- North Street School's student population of 422 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 42 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Total Students||422 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Windsor Locks School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Windsor Locks Windsor Locks Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 342 students
7 Center St.
Windsor Locks, CT 06096
(860) 292-5012 1.2 6-8 342
- Windsor Poquonock Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 296 students
1760 Poquonock Ave.
Windsor, CT 06095
(860) 687-2080 2.8 PK-2 296
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.