Freedom Area SD School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public high school managed by Freedom Area SD School District serving 426 students in Freedom, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 3% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Freedom Area SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,374 students|
|# of Teachers||101 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||674 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||700 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||12 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||8 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,293 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||58 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||105|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||92|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||99|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||117|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||97|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||95|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||115|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||113|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||115|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||104|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||112|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||107|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||103|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Freedom Area SD School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,735 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,967 is less than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$19 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$18 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,735||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$11,967||$12,924|
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.