- Pocahontas Center's student population of 226 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||226 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Pocahontas Center's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#680 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bond County CUSD 2 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Highland Grantfork Upper Elementary School Grades: 4-5 | 68 students
206 N Mulberry St
Highland, IL 62249
(618)675-2200 6.8 4-5 68
- Greenville Greenville Junior High School Grades: 6-8 | 298 students
1200 Jr High Dr
Greenville, IL 62246
(618)664-1226 9.2 6-8 298
- Highland Highland Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 520 students
Highland, IL 62249
(618)654-2108 10.0 3-5 520
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.