Portsmouth West Elementary School
Portsmouth West Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Portsmouth West Elementary School's student population of 614 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||614 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Portsmouth West Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank||#2080 out of 3,224 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Washington-Nile Local School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Portsmouth Portsmouth West Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 482 students
15332 Us Highway 52 Unit B
West Portsmouth, OH 45663
(740)858-6668 2.6 5-8 482
- Portsmouth Portsmouth Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 919 students
514 Union St
Portsmouth, OH 45662
(740)353-6719 3.3 PK-6 919
- Portsmouth Portsmouth Junior High School/portsmouth High School Grades: 7-12 | 618 students
1225 Gallia St
Portsmouth, OH 45662
(740)353-2398 3.3 7-12 618
- South Shore Mckell Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 521 students
28978 Us 23 Hwy
South Shore, KY 41175
(606)932-3383 5.3 PK-5 521
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.