Samuel Huntington School
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 297 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 67%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CT
- Math Proficiency: 35-39% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 45-49% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CT Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
35-39% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 48% CT state average), while 45-49% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 58% CT state average).
How many students attend Samuel Huntington School?
297 students attend Samuel Huntington School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
33% of Samuel Huntington School students are White, 29% of students are Hispanic, 17% of students are Two or more races, 14% of students are Black, and 7% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Samuel Huntington School?
Samuel Huntington School has a student ration of 13:1, which is higher than the Connecticut state average of 12:1.
What grades does Samuel Huntington School offer ?
Samuel Huntington School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Samuel Huntington School part of?
Samuel Huntington School is part of Norwich School District.
Review Samuel Huntington School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities