Stamford High School
- Stamford High School's student population of 1,689 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 135 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,689 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||135 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Stamford High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 951 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#631 out of 951 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Stamford School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stamford Stamford Academy Grades: 9-12 | 159 students
229 North St.
Stamford, CT 06901
(203) 324-6300 0.3 9-12 159
- Stamford Strawberry Hill An Ext. Of Rogers International Grades: K-2 | 350 students
200 Strawberry Hill Avenue
Stamford, CT 06902
(203) 977-6600 0.3 K-2 350
- Stamford Julia A. Stark School Grades: K-5 | 603 students
398 Glenbrook Rd.
Stamford, CT 06906
(203) 977-4583 0.6 K-5 603
- Stamford Hart School Grades: K-5 | 631 students
61 Adams Ave.
Stamford, CT 06902
(203) 977-5082 0.8 K-5 631
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.