Stamford High School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 1,914 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 70%
- Graduation Rate: 90% (Btm 50% in CT)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 31% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 56% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CT Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Stamford High School often compared to?
Stamford High Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Westhill High School by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
31% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 39% CT state average), while 56% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CT state average).
What is the graduation rate of Stamford High School?
The graduation rate of Stamford High School is 90%, which is equal to the Connecticut state average of 90%.
How many students attend Stamford High School?
1,914 students attend Stamford High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
43% of Stamford High School students are Hispanic, 30% of students are White, 20% of students are Black, 5% of students are Asian, and 2% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Stamford High School?
Stamford High School has a student ration of 14:1, which is higher than the Connecticut state average of 12:1.
What grades does Stamford High School offer ?
Stamford High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Stamford High School part of?
Stamford High School is part of Stamford School District.
Review Stamford High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities