Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 487 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 98%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CT
- Math Proficiency: 7% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 14% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CT Dept. of Education
Truman School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Truman School's ranking?
Truman School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for: Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
7% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 39% CT state average), while 14% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CT state average).
How many students attend Truman School?
487 students attend Truman School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
83% of Truman School students are Hispanic, 10% of students are Black, 3% of students are Asian, 2% of students are White, and 2% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Truman School?
Truman School has a student ration of 15:1, which is higher than the Connecticut state average of 12:1.
What grades does Truman School offer ?
Truman School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-8 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Truman School part of?
Truman School is part of New Haven School District.
Review Truman School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities