Turner High School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 1,114 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 66%
- Graduation Rate: 74% (Btm 50% in KS)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 9% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 12% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), KS Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
9% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 33% KS state average), while 12% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 37% KS state average).
What is the graduation rate of Turner High School?
The graduation rate of Turner High School is 74%, which is lower than the Kansas state average of 86%.
How many students attend Turner High School?
1,114 students attend Turner High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
48% of Turner High School students are Hispanic, 34% of students are White, 11% of students are Black, 4% of students are Two or more races, and 3% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Turner High School?
Turner High School has a student ration of 15:1, which is higher than the Kansas state average of 13:1.
What grades does Turner High School offer ?
Turner High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
What school district is Turner High School part of?
Turner High School is part of Turner-Kansas City School District.
Review Turner High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities