Turner Middle School
- Grades: 7-8
- Enrollment: 613 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 70%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in KS
- Math Proficiency: 9% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 12% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), KS Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
9% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 28% KS state average), while 12% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 36% KS state average).
How many students attend Turner Middle School?
613 students attend Turner Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
50% of Turner Middle School students are Hispanic, 30% of students are White, 12% of students are Black, 5% of students are Two or more races, and 3% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Turner Middle School?
Turner Middle School has a student ration of 15:1, which is higher than the Kansas state average of 13:1.
What grades does Turner Middle School offer ?
Turner Middle School offers enrollment in grades 7-8
What school district is Turner Middle School part of?
Turner Middle School is part of Turner-Kansas City School District.
Review Turner Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities