Turners Fall High School
Turners Fall High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Turners Fall High School's student population of 219 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||219 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Turners Fall High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,666 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#334 out of 1666 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-79%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Gill-Montague School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Montague Great Falls Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 245 students
224 Turnpike Rd
Montague, MA 01351
(413) 863-7300 0.0 6-8 245
- Turners Falls Hillcrest Elementary School Grades: PK-1 | 162 students
30 Griswold Street
Turners Falls, MA 01376
(413) 863-9526 0.8 PK-1 162
- Turners Falls Sheffield Elementary School Grades: 2-5 | 216 students
43 Crocker Avenue
Turners Falls, MA 01376
(413) 863-9326 1.1 2-5 216
- Greenfield Discovery School At Four Corners Grades: K-4 | 252 students
21 Ferrante Avenue
Greenfield, MA 01301
(413) 772-1378 2.7 K-4 252
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.